Super Dog
Super Dog

brauche Vet-medizinischen Rat - wir wissen nicht mehr weiter

Beitrag von Rocky & Gina »

Von: Chiccaloco [mailto:Kontakt: lara_croft601@telenet.be
Gesendet: Dienstag, 2. November 2010 23:40

Betreff: Advice from vet needed

Dear all,

I got this email about Mazi ,who is a dog in our Nis shelter in Serbia..

Can anyone ask their vet for advice or help?

Or are people amongst you familiar with this tail running..in these situations and know what to do so we can help this dog?

Don't hesitate to answer anything at all..which could help!

Thank you,

Nancy

I forgot, I wanted to ask you another thing. Maybe you already konw about Mazi.

There is a dog at the shelter, Mazi (maybe you saw him when you were here). It's a male some 4 years old. Some 2 years ago he started chasing and biting his tale. The vets first thought that maybe he had some skin infection or something on his tale and that that is iritating him, so they amputated his tale. But he didn't stop.

Since then every now and then he starts running in circles, chasing his tale (well not his tale because he doesn't have it any more, but it looks like that). This happens especially when there is food in front of him. He runs in circles and barks like he is atacking something.

I talked to 3 vets here and they all said that it's a psychological disorder and that it happens with some dogs (some time before he started doing this he was attacked by another male; he wasn't hurt but he was very scared, so maybe that triggered it). They said we can try with sedatives, but that wont cure it, just calm him down a bit. But that's no solution; keeping a dog under sedatives all the time can't be good for him..

Other then this he is a great dog and he is in a very good shape (probably from so much running). He's not agressive at all neither to humanes nor other dogs; and he loves to be cuddled. He stayed at my flat after his tail was amputated and he was so sweet; he slept in my bad and was friendly with everyone; but still, when I fed him, he started chasing... When somebody plays with him he is great, but then when you leave him he starts again.

We have another dog that behaves like this, but much less often then Mazi. So it must be not so rare disorder. Have you by anu chance heared of such a disorder? Maybe you could talk to some of your vets if they know something about this?

I wish there was something we could do for him. I feel so bad for him, although he isn't sad or anything, it's like he gets into a trans and then, when he stops, he's completely normal again. But still, while he is like this he has no chance of being adopted, and it's probably stresfull for his organism.

So I just wanted to ask if maybe you have some advice on this
Tierliebe Grüsse
Karin mit Rocky, Gina & Sara

Bild

Mit einem kurzen Schwanzwedeln kann ein Hund
mehr Gefühle ausdrücken,
als mancher Mensch mit stundenlangem Gerede.
(Louis "Satchmo" Armstrong)

Dass mir mein Hund und das Liebste sei,
sagst du oh Mensch sei Sünde,
mein Hund ist mir im Sturme treu,
der Mensch nicht mal im Winde.
(Franz von Assisi)
Antworten